Full Charge Bookkeeper
Please note: We hire full-time bookkeepers only (40 hours/week with flexibility for occasional overtime) who can work in our Portland office. While we are a flexible workplace, this is NOT a virtual/remote bookkeeping role.
Are you an independent bookkeeper who loves the job, but find yourself not quite so in love with running your own business? Would you like to join a team where you can build long-lasting relationships as a trusted advisor to your clients, and leverage the resources of a large firm to meet their changing needs over time? Perkins & Co has a growing Client Accounting Services department that may provide the perfect opportunity for an experienced bookkeeper and/or a small business accountant to take on a new challenge. The ideal candidate is a good team player while being adept and accustomed to working independently to support multiple clients in different industries and able to own all the tasks that are required to keep the accounting accurate and up to date. He/she is QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certified and tech-savvy and can solve accounting issues without a lot of hands-on supervision. We are looking for someone who gets along well with people, likes to have some fun, has the curiosity to think outside the box, and keeps their skills sharp in order to go above and beyond normal expectations.
- Handling all bookkeeping aspects of 10 - 12 clients on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. This includes bank and credit card reconciliations, coding transactions, analyzing client accounts, and making necessary journal-entries
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and analysis, as needed
- Complete financial analysis and monthly communication with clients
- Assist with accounts payable function, including BillPay
- Assist with payroll processing, including preparation of 1099 and W-2’s
- Projects such as budgeting and cash flow projections, as needed
- Other duties as required
- 4+ years of progressive bookkeeping experience that includes serving multiple clients concurrently, preferably with a public accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient and comfortable with common business software and telecommunications technology and adaptability to new software/technologies as required. Must have demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Acrobat skills are preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop is required
- QuickBooks Online (QBO) ProAdvisor Certification is required; all work is performed via QBO from our Portland office rather than working at client locations
- Ability to cleanup improperly maintained bookkeeping and advise clients on how to improve financial accounting
- Knowledge of fixed assets and depreciation schedules
- Understand bookkeeping differences between entity types (C Corp, S Corp, Partnerships, sole proprietors)
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as clients and vendors
- Laser focused on client service and satisfaction
- Strong written and oral English communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to occasionally travel to client locations in the Portland metro area as needed
- Trustworthy and committed to the protection of confidential information
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to constantly getting better every day.
If this sounds like a good fit for your background and goals, please submit your resume today. We are always interested in connecting! This posting is intended to build our network of professionals interested in Perkins & Co; the timing of specific openings will vary.
Questions or any issues with the application? Email Talent Acquisition Manager, Areena McLaughlin, at [email protected]
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)
Ongoing training isn't just a benefit, it's a necessity. We provide comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance USA. Accounting isn't what it used to be. We truly believe that you don't have to work long hours to be successful.