Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop a career that fulfills their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to continually increasing our competencies.
The Tax Senior is an integral role for the firm which allows one to develop critical skills such as reviewing work of other tax staff and providing constructive criticism/work notes in addition to preparing returns. This person will also be collaborating with Tax Managers and Shareholders to facilitate projects, obtain more exposure to complex tax issues and the opportunity to learn how to resolve them. This is a developmental role that allows the Tax Senior to expand and build the skills and knowledge that are necessary to become a Tax Manager.
Additionally, we want someone who is not only focused on creating a strong deliverable for our external clients, but also someone who is passionate about developing the people they work with and values an environment where people strive to consistently grow.
Where do you want to go?
Let’s Get There.
- Complete corporation and pass through entity returns as well as various sized family-owned or privately held entity tax returns
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and industry
- Manage competing priority deliverables and communicate accordingly to deliver excellent client service
- Communicate both internally and externally to manage expectations and keep the engagement progressing
- Develop and motivate engagement staff by providing technical assistance as needed
- Foster teamwork and innovation to enhance the client service experience
- Demonstrate technical curiosity that allows for professional and personal growth
- Demonstrate the ability to ask questions that will further your understanding of the client and the return
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask and communicate accordingly with in-charges
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in public accounting, preferably in a large local/regional or Big 4 firm; experience in a paperless environment is a plus
- Experience serving real estate/construction, corporate/multi-state, or winery/agriculture clients is preferred
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient with use of office technology and software (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Proven ability to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
*Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Does this sound like the right match for you? If so, please submit your resume or LinkedIn profile to get the conversation started!
We will do our best to reply in timely fashion.
Questions? Email Areena McLaughlin, Talent Acquisition Manager, and Chelsea Albertson, Recruiting Coordinator, at [email protected]
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)
Ongoing training isn't just a benefit, it's a necessity. We provide comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance USA. Accounting isn't what it used to be. We truly believe that you don't have to work long hours to be successful.