Fall Recruiting - Busy Season (Winter) Tax Data Verifier - STUDENTS ONLY
Busy Season Position: January - April 2020
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to getting better every day. Our seasonal employees are considered part of the Perkins & Co team and treated as such, including the opportunity to partake in our wellness activities, firm-wide celebrations and other Perkins Perks.
A Verifier position with Perkins & Co provides an excellent opportunity for an accounting student to gain exposure to life at the firm, experience a busy season, build professional relationships, and perform basic level tax QA work.
As a Verifier, you will enjoy a flexible schedule. Verifiers work approximately 15 – 30 hours/week; schedule and number of hours will vary, but we would prefer someone to be available mornings Monday - Saturday. Your job will be to ensure data accuracy by reviewing tax return forms that have been compiled via automated software. You will also help with scanning documents. The position requires long periods of standing, sitting, working at a computer and/or copy machine/scanner.
- Must be available to work 15 – 30 hours per week beginning early January to April 15, 2020
- Must be a current student pursuing a degree in accounting or related field with interest in a public accounting career; minimum GPA 3.0
- Working knowledge of basic office technology and software (MS Office Suite)
- Must have high integrity and trustworthiness
- Ability to learn accounting specific software and research tools
- Possess strong attention to detail and the ability to focus on routine tasks for extended periods of time
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? Please submit your resume or LinkedIn profile today to start the conversation.