Personal Tax Return Reviewer- Busy Season 2020
Busy Season Only – January to April 2020
Personal Tax Return Reviewer
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions, including those who enjoy working on a seasonal basis. At Perkins & Co we bring on the best and brightest seasonal employees to help us produce high quality tax returns for our individual client base. Our team of preparers and reviewers will work through a “pool” of tax returns by collaborating together and completing the work in the most efficient and effective way possible. As a seasonal employee, you get to expand your skills by working on a variety of interesting and complex returns while enjoying the camaraderie of our team and wellness activities, firm-wide celebrations, busy season dinners, and other Perkins Perks.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is accustomed to a high volume of work and is passionate about providing a high quality work product. It's important that our personal tax return reviewer is someone who loves examining the details of individual tax returns, reviewing and editing complex returns, and is interested and adept at coaching others--providing constructive feedback to teammates so they may sharpen their professional skills. If you love tax season and want to find a place to thrive year after year, we could have a home for you at Perkins & Co.
Training is provided in early January; position begins full-time around the beginning of February. Compensation is competitive based on experience.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply immediately for consideration. Thank you!
Questions or any difficulty with the application? Email our Talent Acquisition Manager, Areena McLaughlin, or Recruiting Coordinator, Chelsea Albertson, at [email protected]
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 5+ years of experience with preparing complex 1040 tax returns
- Experience preparing trust returns, Form 1041
- Knowledge of issues such as passive loss rules, rental real estate, at-risk limitations, foreign taxes, and AMT
- Proficient with use of office technology and software (Microsoft Office Suite) and navigating multiple systems concurrently
- Working knowledge of ProSystems fx Tax is preferred
- Must be familiar with working in a paperless environment
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Proven ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Strong problem solving, organizational and detail skills
- Ability to work 55+ hour work weeks (position is eligible for overtime)
- Licensed Tax Consultants, Enrolled Agents, or CPA preferred